Escaping has become prevalent, especially due to the last couple years, and wanting to get away after being stuck for so long. However, not all of us can escape at a whim or do so frequently. So what can we do? Make our homes a place we want to be and escape to as well.
A few ways I make my home cozy and a place I enjoy “escaping” to:
- Decorating for the seasons and holidays
- Updating decor at least once a year – with small things like throws, trays, runners, and holiday related items
- Setting up my rooms for supreme comfort including throws, pillows, floor pillows, cozy throw rugs, and colors that are comforting
- An office chair that is cozy with decor that feels less like an office – including a mandala throw rug, a small couch, a surf and beachy vibe framed photos
- A gym in my home so I can work out when I want to and time is not of the essence (always)
- Allowing the rooms to breathe and feel spacious
- Having an outdoor space of my own (a balcony) for fresh air
- Different lighting – dim lighting is so much more comfortable especially in the evening
- And having sunshine come through the windows during the day
- Candles or other forms of scent such as scentsy
- And of course wine and cheese, duh
How do you escape at home?
Until next time, #radiatedaily
image source: pixabay