Because making lunch for the week shouldn’t be a daily chore. And meal prepping sounds so “trendy” I get it, but it really does help. Imagine taking a couple hours one day, and not worrying about meals for the rest of the week? Kind of awesome. Because really, who has time every morning to make meals? And who wants to think about it every morning? I don’t.
Sunday evenings, when I’m making dinner, I usually prepare food for 3 lunch meals along with snacks. That way I have the choice of eating out 1-2 days, and/or bringing something different those days too. Because let’s face it, we all get bored and/or want to eat out sometimes too. Diversity is the key to my success of being happy.
A few meals that are easy to prep for me:
- Chili – easily portions out for 4-6 meals.
- Soup – easily portions out for 4-6 meals (Note: Cook it in the crockpot and it’s extra yummy)
- Protein and veggies – easily portions out to 3 – 4 meals. (Note: this protein is typically chicken, chicken sausage, chicken meatballs. I don’t want to heat up fish at work, and steak is something I prefer the night of, and not later. But if you are cool with it, go for it).
- Large mixed salad – easily portions out to 3-4 meals. (Note: I usually bring avocado or a protein separately to add on after, so it doesn’t spoil. Same with dressing).
- Stir Fry – easily portions out to 2-3 meals.
Best part is each are healthy, and you know what is going into each meal you are preparing. You can add the amount of oil, salt, sauce, and extra ingredients to your own taste and preference. And for weeks you are rushing around, having your meals already to go, are a big help.
For snacks that I love to have ready to go in ziplock bags: apple slices, grapes, carrot and celery sticks, chocolate covered raisins, KIND bars, RX bars, almonds.
What are your meal tricks for the week?